Despite years of zip code, demographic and in-depth research on predicting behavior, a person’s reaction tells you as much about them as you.
I am often amused by facebook comments, especially recently.
I posted an item about sleeping on the porch because of out-gassing from an old paint—a perfect match for a touch-up—but alkyd-based.
There were five responses, four facebook comments and one phone call.
- One said it sounded lovely to sleep in the open on the porch.
- Three told me I should use water-based paint.
- One called to offer the guest room.
Family dynamics would tell us:
- A few romantic, child-like ones are going to sail through life, seeing the bright side and enjoying your product or services with few problems.
- Others are going to be “parents”, no matter what their age, quick to point out flaws and make suggestions.
- A few will be activists, offering a solution to the problem and often leading others.
How people respond to you is often as much based on a role they learned as your product or service.
It’s still valid, but it’s only one viewpoint.
For more information, call us at (916) 455-4790 or visit our website at www.dellrichards.com.